Sunday, November 29, 2009

De Dana Dan : Confused, Crazy, Exaggerated, Stupid and i loved it


The movie is a typical priyadarshan, where chaos and confusion prevail upon logic and story. Situations take precedence over script. It has more than 25 characters and almost 5-6 different stories all taking place at the same time. It is a crazy laugh riot and did not let me relax even for 5 minutes. I was just laughing and laughing all through out. Fulltoo paisa vasool and time pass. Do go with a bunch of crazy friends. And ya, Do watch out for the climax. Its so stupid and yet so funny.

Okay, First things first, If you the intellectual cinema lover, Do not even read this review and watch a documentary insteadl. If you are a crazy cinema fan who loves David Dhawan and Priyadarshan genre, then also stop reading this and book tomorrow's tickets. Its a crazy movie (and i mean it in a good way) full of funny situations and slapstick. Must watch according to me. Another Do knot disturb or All the Best this year. Another thing that i liked was that, The stars were not given any unnecessary bhavs. They were treated like characters and according to the requirement time and space was allotted to them, which did it for me.


Plot:
Well, the movie starts with a Dog kidnapping plan, and then travels across atleast half a dozen storylines and almost 25 characters. Numerous funny situations. But credit must be given to the writer, who could actually write all that chaos and confusion and still not get confused himself. I kept asking my friend, who is he, who is she, why is he here, what is she doing with him etc etc. But honestly, i dint really care about all that in the end.

Performances:
Akshay and Suniel (surprisingly) dont even have that long a role, especially in the second half when paresh rawal takes over the show with johny lever and others. They are simply awesome. Katrina and the other girls have their moments of looking pretty (but dumb) and they do it with ease. All the 25+ characters did their job pretty good. No complaints there too.

Technicals :
I think i made it very clear that its a situational comedy. So wont even bother writing about cinematography etc. Next question please.

Music:
Paisa Paisa has that groovy, hip hop-ish feel. Rishte naate is hummable. I HAVE to mention another song which goes like, " Feel me, touch me, hold me, i am your naughty babe in town" picturized on Neha Dhupia. It is hilarious. Its just soo funny i cant explain. Rest of the songs(if any) i dont even remember.

Positives:
Edge of the seat excitement, Sense between chaos and confusion, Amazing comic timing. Some really funny dialogues and situations.

Negatives:
Same as above. Because there is nothing except what is mentioned above. The confusion might actually frustrate you at times when you cant keep a track of whats happening.

Overall :
Typical situational comedy with some really funny sequ3nces

Feel-O-Meter: 7/10
( I know most would treat this as high. But mujhe full feel aa gayi. I was rolling in my seat almost at every stupid sequence. So for me, it deserves an extra 2 for those extra silly moments which did the trick for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment