Monday, October 5, 2009

Do Knot Disturb: Do Not Bother!!!

Yeh kahaani hai Gobar, Buntoo, Nunnu, Mangu, Dolly aur Diesel ki.. Yes, These are names of the characters from the movie!! Need i say more. Honeslty, i dont mind goofy, stupid, DD-Govinda ishtyle comedies.. But iss baar thoda zada ho gya.. Everything was too repetitive, as if DD had decided on a 20 min movie and then thought its too short and stretched it to two hours. Funnily enough, Even 2 hours seem like 4..Infact, I started accessing FB in the middle!!!

Top it up, with some sleazy shots of Lara Dutta at her cleavage exposing best. I felt she was kept so that atleast the male audience keeps their eyes on the screen (For sometime atleast!!). But that too became too repetitive!!

I am not the 'intellectual cinema lover' types and understand that I need to keep my brains out of the cinema hall while watching a DD-Govinda movie. But, even after that. It was just not funny. Every scene was stretched like a chewing gum. Ek hi joke baar baar.. Thoda zada ho gya.. I sooo wanted to see this movie after the 'Dolly dolly' Ad.. But that too was used atleast 10 times in the movie!!!

Also, the whole starcast (supposedly) lives in Delhi and the movie is entiredly shot in Dubai!!! (No, i am not finding logic here, but wondering WHY did DD mention Delhi anyways.. It wasnt required right??) A Slapstick comedy is something but this hamming personified. I felt as if the dialogues were being written on the sets!!!

On paper, it was supposed to be an Awwwwesome laugh riot.. Imagine, just the starcast is enough.. Govinda, Rajpal Yadav, Ranvir Shorey, Riteish Deshmukh, Manoj Pahwa.. All of them excellent comic actors.. Add to it, two stunningly hot former Miss Universes, Lara and Sushmita and then put the DD brand name!! Still.. It didnt work. I guess this proves that brand names alone cannot make a movie. You cant take the audience for granted. And Songs itneee wahiyaar hai ke bass kya kahein!!!

As a BIIIIG DD-Govinda fan, I wish that come back with an insanely comic relief and wash this 'Daaman ka Daag' for them! :-(

PS: I am not getting into the positives, negatives, technicals, performances and plot of the movie. Reason- I am too damn bored to even write the review!!!

Overall: Even if you are a crazy DD-Govinda fan like me.. Still dont think you'll be able to tolerate it beyond the first half hour..

Feel-O-Meter: 4/10 (Woh bhi thoda zada hai, but still Thodi toh DD-G ki izzat karni padegi)

1 comment:

  1. Hold on for a few more months... I happened to be in vicinity of DD while watching Hangover. I predict he already has characters set for its Hindi remake...

    ReplyDelete